How to Saute Greens
- 1 tsp oil/fat of choice (whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 bunch of chard, 1 5 oz bag of kale, or 1 5 oz bag of spinach (can also use radish greens or dandelion greens or nettles if you are adventurous!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Carrots peeled into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 T. coconut aminos
- A handful of pine nuts
- A handful of grated parmesan
Heat oil in skillet.
Wash the greens, then tear or cut into 1" pieces.
Add the onions, greens, and carrot ribbons (if using) to the skillet.
Cook for several minutes, flipping occasionally. If you would like to retain some of the moisture in the greens, you can cover the skillet with a lid to trap the steam.
When the greens are tender and reduced in volume (but still green bright green), remove from the heat and add the seasonings: salt and pepper, ginger, coconut aminos, pine nuts and/or parmesan.